Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Time Is a Fleeting Friend


I cannot get over how quickly time is flying by.  It seems that the older I get, the quickly it passes.  Growing up as the youngest child in the family, I could remember being real young, and wanting desperately to be old enough to do "fun" things.  It always seemed that I was just too young to do what the older kids did.

Now, I would give so much to be young again, with no worries in the world.

Years feel more like months now.  I am still young, but know that will not last forever.  I want to enjoy the present, but I have so many cares to worry about, as do we all.

There is always something to be done, or get done quickly.  And it’s all quickly; never when you get around to accomplishing something.

When you cross one task off of your to do list, there are ten new ones to get a jump on.  We will never be done with things that have a pressing deadline.

I so want to enjoy my time, and not have to worry so much about being on such a tight schedule.  There are always things I want to do in my free time, but by the time I have “free time,” I am either too tired to do those, or can’t focus on them.

I am not sure where I was going with this…I have just come to realize how fickle and fleeting Time really is.  And it is scary.  That’s all.

No comments:

Post a Comment