Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Friday, June 3, 2011

What I Learned In High School

     I decided to take a moment to evaluate what I have gotten out of the years at high school.  I came to the following conclusions all on my own, with no grade on the line or due date with which to contend:

·       The Odyssey is an odyssey to read.

·       You have to do a lot more than simply SIT to pass the SATs.

·       The “mile” is just a suggestion.  Three out of four laps are sufficient in most cases.

·       Chemistry class is surprisingly not a dating service.
·       There is absolutely nothing great about Great Expectations.

·       Every teacher who failed me was out to get me, so it was not my fault.
·       How to Kill a Mockingbird is not an instruction manual on how to slay a song bird.

·       They will try to pass anything in the cafeteria off as food.

·       Hamlet is not a play about one of the three little pigs.


     I am still trying to figure out what gets into people to make them decide to willing return to high school as teachers, but no one has cracked that case yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment