Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Johnny Depp: A Regular Guy with a Whole Lot Of Friends


“The best part of the night though, for me was, yeah, I’m gonna say it — Johnny Depp, but not for the reasons you might think. Okay, yeah, he’s nice to look at. I admit it. I really do like looking at him. The guy’s got style. But what I really liked … was his soul. He treated the fans so wonderfully, no famous person-diva-ness from Mr. Depp, no sir. I ran up and down Main Street flitting in and out of the crowd, watching the action and that man put all his energy into his fans.
Once he hit the area around the Emporium, he didn’t even go over to the press side of the street. He signed autograph after autograph, even bringing his own pens so he didn’t have to waste a moment handing off one fan’s pen and taking another’s.
At one point, he bent down and talked to a little girl and when his handlers motioned for him to move on from her, he wouldn’t until he finished what he was saying to her and had given her a big old hug. You know that’s a moment of magic that child will carry with her, her entire life. He never once acted like it was a pain to smile for people’s cameras and talked to each person like he was there just for them. It was impressive.
And that’s what I think I’m going to take away from this Pirates premiere, the memory of a very big movie star acting like his fans mean the world to him and at that moment in time, nothing else was of any importance. He was just a regular guy with a whole lot of friends.”

No comments:

Post a Comment