Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Almost Isn't Good Enough

     I know we have all heard it when we have failed at something.  "Almost isn't good enough."  Almost is FAR from good enough in the real world.

     Can you imagine if everything simply ALMOST happened?

    "I almost ______.:"

-had enough gas to get back home
-remembered to come and get you after school
-gave you money to buy food for the week
-paid my bills
-got to the hospital in time
-stopped that terrorist attack
-cured cancer
-survived

     What would we do if no one actually DID what they were supposed to?  Almost does not get you to the finish line.  Almost does not save the day.  Almost is most certainly, not good enough.

     When you say you are going to do something, you do it.  "Try" is another word that can set people up for failure.  Do what needs to be done to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment