Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Friday, March 9, 2012

21 Jump Street - Movie Review

     Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum play undercover cops in this movie adaptation of the hit show from the 80’s, “21 Jump Street.”  Since they are too young and immature to be out in the field (not to mention botch up their first assignment), they are relocated to the Jump Street program that has been shut down for many years.
     The program sends officers such as Hill and Tatum’s characters out into local high schools in order to restore order to the adolescent world and rid it of crime, drugs, and illegal drinking.  How do they go about that?  They resort to committing crimes, doing drugs, and promoting illegal drinking.  Not much can compare with being forced to relive some of the worst years of your life.
     Do not get me wrong.  I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.  It had a great deal of swearing (excessive to some extent), but was humorous throughout.  It does not resemble too much of the show it was based on, but is a great stand alone movie.  I would recommend seeing the original show, even if you just YouTube a couple of episodes.
     SPOILER ALERT:  My favorite parts of the movie are when we see the original officers from the show.  We see Judy Hoffs with a full time police gig, Ioki on a television screen while someone is watching episodes of “21 Jump Street,” and Hanson and Penhall.  I will not ruin it, but Hanson and Penhall have an AWESOME scene towards the end of the film.  I give this movie a 7.5 out of 10.
     The movie is rated R, is 1 hour and 49 minutes in length, and opens in the US on March 16, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment