Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Friday, October 26, 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower


A teenager named Charlie (played by Logan Lerman), narrates various events throughout his life to an anonymous pen pal, only referred to as “Friend.”  We quickly learn that Charlie has led a quite difficult life, but the details are not fully there as to why it was so hard, or how he has been coping.

When Charlie beings high school, he is determined to turn his life around, make some friends, and enjoy life.  That is not as easy as he originally thinks, as the lunchroom soon makes obvious to him.  Even people he was once friendly with, will no longer speak to him, much let allow him to sit at their table or invite him to a movie night.

Charlie meets a senior, Patrick (played by Ezra Miller), who is a bit of a class clown, but has deeper issues than meet the surface.  He also has an amazing step sister, Sam (played by Emma Watson).  The two take Charlie under their wing, and show him what a great time life can be, even with the bumps in the road everyone has to deal with.

While Charlie begins to fit in, we see more and more flash backs of his troubling childhood, which revolve around his aunt, and get the message that this woman he idolized is a big factor in his issues.

This movie is interesting.  It is based on the book by the same name, and deals with issues a lot of children have while they are growing up.  It shows that adolescence is not easy, but reminds us that there are amazing people out there who can help us through it.  They are the friends we will never forget, no matter where life takes us after high school.

I would give this movie a 6.5.  It was good, but slow moving, and left a lot of questions open-ended.  It is definitely a drama, and not to be seen purely for entertainment.  The film is rated PG-13, and runs 103 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment