Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Stupid Sayings - Bit of a Rant

People are scared of being silent.  They need to respond to everything, even if their colloquial expressions are meaningless and stupid when you think three seconds about them.  If you use any of the following, I strongly urge you to cease IMMEDIATELY and spare us all of the unnecessary noise!


"If I had a nickel…[for every time that happened]…"

     Oh really?  Your boyfriend sleeps with your identical twin thinking it is you quite a lot then?  Chances are no matter why you are saying this, if you really DID have a nickel for every time something happened, you’d have…one nickel.  Say nothing and save everyone the aggravation!



"Everything else is frosting on the cake."

     I don’t know about you, but I eat the cake for the cake.  In fact, I usually scrape off the frosting!  If they are trying to get the point across that everything else is extra goodness, they should say something like “everything else is ice cream next to the cake.”  And many people are lactose intolerant, so that is not appealing to them either.



"The world is your oyster."

     So are we saying that when you get a piece of sand in your shoe, that that festering that takes place is just your body trying to make a pearl?  Not going to happen.
     Why would you want the world to be an oyster anyway?  They are smelly, slimy, and a lot of people are allergic to shell fish.  Seems like a bad combination if you ask me.



"The Peanut Gallery."

     Again.  I'm not a nut...not a peanut at least...and what about the whole allergy thing (maybe there are just too many allergies in this world)?  Are we trying to kill the people of the world with these sayings?

No comments:

Post a Comment