Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wreck-It Ralf


     Who doesn’t love a good Disney movie?

     This is the story of the antagonist of a video game (“Fix-It Felix Jr.”) by the name of Wreck-It Ralf.  Ralf has been destroying a building over and over again for thirty years, as Felix follows him around and repairs the damages.  When the game is over, Felix is rewarded for saving the people of the building, and they throw Ralf from the roof.

     Ralf was programmed to do bad things, but he is not a bad guy.  He has to play the role of the villain, but just wants to be a hero.  He decides to leave his game and go searching for one where he will be excepted and he can win the prize at the end.  He just wants to be respected and welcomed, instead of feared and ignored.

     He soon ends up in a game called “Hero’s Duty,” where he sees how difficult it can be to be the hero.  Nonetheless, he wins the medal in the end.  Now to return to his game, where he thinks he will be welcomed since he has proven he is a good guy.  Unfortunately, one thing leads to another, and he becomes stranded in a game made entirely out of candy (“Sugar Rush,” a racing game).

     Here he meets a young girl named Vanellope, who is considered a glitch because there is something astray in her programming.  For this reason, no one likes Vanellope, and she lives alone in a secret location.  The two outcasts become an odd pair, and try to help each other achieve their dreams.  If they could just get around the evil King Candy, who wants neither Ralf nor Vanellope to be a part of his game, everything would be fine.

     This was a cute movie.  It is an original idea, which is difficult to find nowadays.  The story took you through different generations of games, and even had some classics (such as Pacman).  You’d go from the pixilated game of “Fix-It Felix, Jr.” to the high definition game play of “Hero’s Duty.”  It showed the evolution of arcade games, and made you think about how the characters must feel.  After all, they are programmed to do the same motions over and over again, all day and every day.  Even if you are the hero, that can be taxing.

     I liked this film a lot, and look forward to seeing it again.  I give it an 8 out of 10.  Wreck-It Ralf is rated PG and runs 101 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment