Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Cookie Swap!


Almost everyone loves cookies.  And at Christmas time there are so many yummy types of cookies, that not many people have the time to bake them all (not to mention the expense).  Even if each batch only made a dozen, making twelve kinds of them would be insane!

So, why don’t you collaborate with a few friends and do your own cookie swap?  If you had even six people, each with a family of four, making two dozen cookies would allow everyone to get the variety of the holiday without all of the wasted cookies (if there is such a thing).  And if you doubled that, everyone could even have two of each cookie!

This way you could make your favorite recipe (even if you double it so you have extras), and when your friends come together, you have a smorgasbord!

If you are like me and love your sugar products but don’t have the time, money, or energy to bake everything, gather some friends, plan out who will bake which, and have a cookie swap!  Also a perfect opportunity to have a small party, and perhaps even a contest for the best cookie!  Have fun with it!  Happy baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment