Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Thankfulness Journal

In this day and age, everyone is always complaining about something.  Do not get me wrong.  Life is not all lemon drops and gumdrops, I just think we should focus more on the things that are going right, rather than those that are going badly.



Even if you cannot see it right away, everyone has something to be thankful for.  When you are thankful for the blessings in your life, you begin to appreciate everything more.



I suggest that you (even if you love life), try keeping a Thankfulness Journal.  Every day, write down at least one thing you are thankful for.  It may be difficult to begin, and it is perfectly normal if your first entries look something like this:



Day 1:  I am so thankful that asshole that cut me off so dangerously on the highway did NOT cause an accident, which could have ended my life all too short in a fiery ball of death.



Day 2:  I am thankful they served something edible in the cafeteria today.



Eventually you will be able to look deeper than that, and see what you are truly appreciative for in life.  Everyone has their good and bad days, but dwelling on the good makes the bad all the more tolerable.

Be thankful for your life, and the people in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment