Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Re-Gifting Guide

     Well, it’s that time of year again.  Thanksgiving is over and it is a little too early for Valentine’s Day, so it must be the Christmas Season once again.  The daunting task of gift shopping is once again upon us.  It is one thing to buy a special present for your loved ones, but once you factor in the cost of those, your friends, and your aunt’s nephew cousin twice removed, you can be facing a credit card bill as high as the sky. 

     What do we resort to?  Re-gifting. 

     Don’t worry.  We all do it.  It’s doing it right and not getting caught that is the trick. 

     But don’t fret.  There are a few simple rules to follow when re-gifting to another:

1) Be aware of the current packaging of the item in question.  Never re-gift a candle when the company has changed its design.  That is a dead giveaway.

2) Be aware of expiration dates.  Even lotions expire.  Check so you are not embarrassed.

3) When reusing wrapping, (hey! It’s recycling!), just make sure there are no used gift tags on it.

And MOST important:

     4) NEVER give the item to the person who gave it to you originally.

     If you ever get a gift you don’t want and can’t unload on some poor sap, either tag sale it, E-Bay, or donate it.  Again, just make sure it never crosses the path of the person who gave it to you.
     Remember, be smart, and there is nothing wrong with being resourceful in these economically difficult times.  Happy gifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment