Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

10 Things Irritating Me Today


When you find something EXTREMELY funny, but no one else does.  So much so that you are laughing uncontrollably and not one understands why.  All the worse when it was something that you said.

When someone is talking on the phone in an enclosed public area, and just WON’T get off!  They just keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny.  You can’t help but hear what they are saying, and it’s usually just plain uncomfortable.

When you have chosen a seat on a mode of public transportation, only to discover that the person next to or behind you is clearly contagiously ill.  You don’t want to be rude and move, but you are not ready to die just yet (as you never know what they have without performing a full medical exam, and chances are you are complete strangers as well as in public, so that might not be the best option).  What do you do now?

When there is a screaming child on the plane with you.  Shrill noises are all the worse at 30,000 feet in a pressurized cabin in the middle of the night.

When you want to do something but don’t have the time, and then when you have the time, you don’t want to do it anymore.

Waiting in line.  Amusement parks it’s bad because you are in line longer than on the ride.  This gives you time to be anxious for the excitement of the ride, or to regret your decision for allowing your friends to peer pressure you into a contraption that has killed three guests in the past month.  And in the grocery store, it is just annoying that your over-priced ice cream will be soup by the time you get through.

That there are so many television stations, and rarely anything on.  You hear more positive things about the shows from the time when there were three channels, than you do about the ones on nowadays.  Either the shows truly were “all that,” or anyone who is old enough to remember them is just embellishing vague memories.

Gas prices.  There is no reason why the cost to fill up your tank is the same as just buying a new car every time you hit empty.

How some actors on TV or in movies are plain awful, and yet still are getting jobs.  If a monotone pale twig can play a vampire’s girlfriend, why the heck aren’t I in films already?

When the commercial break is so long that you forget what show you are watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment