Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Monday, September 17, 2012

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

     I just finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (no comments on my age).  I had never read it before, but often find myself in an argument on which movie did the book justice.  I figured it was time I support myself with having read the book.

     If you do not know the story, it is about a young boy named Charlie Bucket, whose family is slowly starving to death.  They live right down the street from the most amazing chocolate factory in the world, owned and operated by Willy Wonka. 

     Wonka’s factory has never been seen by anyone, but produces the most amazing candies ever imagined.  One day, he announces he has hidden five golden tickets underneath the wrapping paper of five ordinary chocolate bars.  The lucky finders of these tickets will receive a special tour of his factory, and all the candy they could ever eat.

     Charlie receives only one bar a year, but manages to find a ticket since the story is centered on him.  When he goes to the factory, the other four children are rotten to the core, and slowly meet their end inside the factory.  When Charlie is the only one left, he receives the biggest surprise he could ever imagine.

     I really enjoyed this book.  I like to read books for children and young adults from time to time, as they are enjoyable and a quick read (as maybe you can tell since I've finished two in a short amount of time).  This book had similarities to both movies, but I can say with full confidence that Tim Burton’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) is the truest to the story.

     It is a wonderful read, with interesting lessons to be discovered.  If you have not read anything by Dahl yet, I would recommend this as a starting place.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment