Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Unexpected Trip


     In London I met a lot of great people I am not sure if or when I will ever see again, let alone the circumstances that may or may not have our paths ever cross again.  It is bittersweet; I had the opportunity of sharing in their company and learning from them while I could, and now have the internet to stay in touch with them.  It’s not the same as going to the pub or to the cinema with them, but it will have to do for now.

     One friend I made over there decided she was going to go to Los Angeles the month after returning, and invited me to come along.

     This was a wonderful experience.  I was able to spend more time with her, and made it to California, which was yet another thing on my Bucket List.

     For a week I stayed on Hollywood Boulevard, where I was able to walk the street and see the stars in the sidewalk of hundreds of icons, past and present.  The famous Grauman’s Chinese Theatre was down the road from me, as was the home of the Academy Awards (the once Kodak Theatre, now the Dolby Theatre).  I had the chance to put my hands and feet in the cement where the likes of John Wayne, Judy Garland, and George Clooney.

     During my stay we also went to Universal Studios, put our feet in the Pacific Ocean, went on the Warner Brothers' Studio Tour (where I got to walk on the set of the Ellen DeGeneres Show!), and spent a day in Disneyland. 

Universal Studios

At Universal Studios, there was a section that was dressed like Westminster.  I felt as if I had stepped into old London, and it was wonderful!

Disneyland. Magical.

The Warner Brothers's famous water tower.

Palm trees were everywhere!

The Pacific Ocean at sunset. Beautiful!

Yes, I took a picture of my food. I really liked that there were so many burger places on the West Coast. Many were simple and easy to come by.  Some were inexpensive, which made me very happy.

     I just want to point out: eight weeks in London and I met quite a few celebrities.  One week in Hollywood, and nothing.


     I had such a good time. Hollywood did not have the same safe and homey feeling that London gave me, but it was a nice place to visit (and maybe work one day!).

No comments:

Post a Comment