Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

What's Your Favorite Shape?

Someone asked me once, what my favorite shape was.  Now, that may seem like a weird question, but I think you should always be able to answer a good question, so I thought about it, and came up with this.

My favorite shape is a (five pointed) star.

Why a star?

Stars are impossibly far away from us.  They are so far away, that we don't even know if the ones we are seeing still exist (because of how long it takes for the light to travel to us).  Stars put in perspective of how you are not the center of the universe.

But they also symbolize hope.  Just because you are small, does not mean that you cannot achieve your dreams, help other people, and make a difference in your world.  You can figuratively touch the stars if you try hard enough.

Stars represent dreams.  I am a firm believer in dreams and having goals to strive for.  And of course, one of my favorite quotes: 

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Anonymous 

So.  What is your favorite shape?

No comments:

Post a Comment