Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oscar Nods 2011

Here are the Academy Award Nominations for 2011 (from moviefone.com)

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Actress

Best Actor

Best Supporting Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Best Foreign Language Film

Best Film Editing
“Black Swan” - Andrew Weisblum
“The Fighter” - Pamela Martin
“127 Hours” - Jon Harris
“The Social Network” - Angus Wall & Kirk Baxter

Best Documentary Feature

Best Animated Feature Film

Best Visual Effects
“Alice in Wonderland” - Ken Ralston, David Schaub, Carey Villegas & Sean Phillips
“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1” - Tim Burke, John Richardson, Christian Manz & Nicolas Aithadi
“Hereafter” - Michael Owens, Bryan Grill, Stephan Trojanski & Joe Farrell
“Inception” - Paul Franklin, Chris Corbould, Andrew Lockley & Peter Bebb
“Iron Man 2” - Janek Sirrs, Ben Snow, Ged Wright & Daniel Sudick

Best Original Song
“Coming Home” from “Country Strong” - Music and Lyric by Tom Douglas, Troy Verges and Hillary Lindsey
“I See the Light” from “Tangled” - Music by Alan Menken Lyric by Glenn Slater
“If I Rise” from “127 Hours” - Music by A.R. Rahman Lyric by Dido and Rollo Armstrong
“We Belong Together” from “Toy Story 3” - Music and Lyric by Randy Newman

Best Original Score

Best Cinematography
“Black Swan” - Matthew Libatique
“Inception” - Wally Pfister
“The Social Network” - Jeff Cronenweth
“True Grit” - Roger Deakins

Best Sound Mixing

“Inception” - Lora Hirschberg, Gary A. Rizzo & Ed Novick
“The King’s Speech” - Paul Hamblin, Martin Jensen & John Midgley
“Salt” - Jeffrey J. Haboush, Greg P. Russell, Scott Millan & William Sarokin
“The Social Network”  - Ren Klyce, David Parker, Michael Semanick & Mark Weingarten
“True Grit” - Skip Lievsay, Craig Berkey, Greg Orloff & Peter F. Kurland

Best Sound Editing
“Inception” - Richard King
“Toy Story 3” - Tom Myers & Michael Silvers
“Tron: Legacy” - Gwendolyn Yates Whittle & Addison Teague
“True Grit” - Skip Lievsay & Craig Berkey
“Unstoppable” - Mark P. Stoeckinger

Best Costume Design
“Alice in Wonderland” - Colleen Atwood
“I Am Love” - Antonella Cannarozzi
“The Tempest” - Sandy Powell
“True Grit” - Mary Zophres

Best Art Direction
“Alice in Wonderland” - Production Design: Robert Stromberg; Set Decoration: Karen O’Hara
“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I” - Production Design: Stuart Craig; Set Decoration: Stephenie McMillan
“Inception” - Production Design: Guy Hendrix Dyas; Set Decoration: Larry Dias and Doug Mowat
“The King’s Speech” - Production Design: Eve Stewart; Set Decoration: Judy Farr
“True Grit” - Production Design: Jess Gonchor; Set Decoration: Nancy Haigh

Best Adapted Screenplay

Best Original Screenplay

Best Makeup
“The Way Back” - Edouard F. Henriques, Gregory Funk & Yolanda Toussieng
“The Wolfman” - Rick Baker & Dave Elsey

Best Short Film (Live Action)

Best Documentary (Short Subject)

Best Short Film (Animated)

Good luck to all of the nominees!

No comments:

Post a Comment