Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shape Up What?

     How does Shape Up footwear work, and what is it doing to your body?  Being the curious person that I am, I bought a pair of those shoes that are supposed to tone your legs as you walk.  (As if America needs more of an excuse to not step foot in a gym, now they can wear the gym on their feet.)  I did not get the ones that look like you are on a boat, but are supposed to have the same effect.  What that effect is exactly, is questionable.
     They are based on “instability.”  Apparently the shoes cause enough instability that your muscles have to activate to stabilize your body, but not enough for you to notice anything different. 
     The shoes themselves are comfortable, and do not feel any different than a regular pair.  My legs, however, are another matter.  One of them feels as if I have been running a marathon, and the other has had no effect.  I understand that means that I am not walking properly, apparently not distributing my weight evenly, but would like to know what is going to happen to my muscles.  I would rather be equally physically unfit everywhere in my body, instead of being toned in only one leg.  I see no need to have to run in a circle.
     So they now have shoes and sandals that are supposed to tone your legs and butt as you walk.  I am waiting for the first pair of Shape Up boots to hit the market.  It is only a matter of time.  Then we will NEVER need to exercise again.  Why don’t we just board that ship on Wall-E that has the chairs that do the moving around for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment