Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Brilliant Idea

     Have you ever left the oven on after you were done using it?  I think that there should be an automatic shut-off on all ovens.  If neither the dials nor the door is opened within an hour, the oven should turn itself off.  Or when the timer goes off, it should turn off the oven.  If you add more time to the timer, it will keep the power on longer.
     It would be a safety precaution.  I live in a building with a common kitchen, and we awoke to find that the oven had been on all night at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  If it had an automatic shut-off, that would not have happened, and there would have been no worry of a fire (which thankfully there wasn’t one THAT time).
     I also think that the burners should be weight sensitive (as the rest of America is).  If there is no pot or pan on it, it should turn off automatically.  How many times have we turned on the wrong burner?  Or is that just something I do?
     Just food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment