Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wasteful

     Our planet is at the breaking point.  We can no longer live the way we have been, and assume that our children will clean up after us.  We are in way over our heads.
     I am not going to throw statistics about global warming at you right now…mostly because I do not feel like researching the exact numbers.  But they are bad.  If you do not believe me and my “convincing” argument, look them up for yourselves.  Why else do you think we have been having such drastic winters and summers, not to mention earthquakes and tsunamis such as the ones in Chile, Haiti, and Japan?  Our world is changing, and if we do not do anything to stop it, who knows what the consequences will be.  You thought “The Day After Tomorrow” was bad?  This is happening today.
     What you SHOULD be doing (no longer "could" be doing at this point):


     Shut the lights off:  When you are done with a small appliance or leaving a room, turn off and unplug.  Something such as a laptop does not need to remain plugged in 24/7.  What do you think that battery is for?  Not only does over charging damage the battery, it wastes energy.  There is so much wasted energy just because people leave their lights on and their cell phone chargers pluged in when they are not in use.  If you don't need it at the moment, cut the power source.

No comments:

Post a Comment