Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hurricane Irene

     Hurricane Irene has struck the Bahamas.  At a time like this, we should not only be worrying about ourselves. When I heard about the storm, there was no sign of it outside my window, so I thought it must not be a big deal.  That is not the mindset we should be in.  The storm will eventually hit a good portion of the East Coast of North America.  It will effect a lot of people, some more so than others.

     To some it will be devastating; others will only be on the outskirts of the storm.  If we band together and are always supportive of each other, whether monetarily or just encouragement, times like these will not be as devastating.  We all will be on the receiving end of bad luck at one time or another.  Wouldn't you like someone to step up and help in your time of need?

     Stay informed on the storm.  Don't remain ignorant.  Being far away from it is not a valid excuse.

You can check out a stream of the storm here:
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/cvplive/cvpstream3

No comments:

Post a Comment