Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Want S'more Brownies!: Recipe Repertoire

I love S’mores.  I love brownies.  I thought, why not combine the two?  This is a great summer treat (or anytime of the year), and you don’t have to build a campfire!


I have experimented quite a bit with this, and always get a different result.  Here is the recipe that has turned out the yummiest:

What you will need:
-box of your favorite chocolate brownie mix (and ingredients to prepare it)
-box of graham crackers
-bag of mini marshmallows
-bag of mini chocolate chips

What you do:
1)  Prepare the box mix as normal.

2)  Add to the brownie mix 1 cup of mini chocolate chips and ½ cup crushed graham crackers.

3)  Line a brownie pan with aluminum foil, and cover the bottom with a layer of full graham crackers.

4)  Pour the batter over the graham crackers and bake as directed on the package.

5)  Remove 10 minutes early to sprinkle 1 cup of mini marshmallows evenly over the top of the brownies, gently patting them into the soft batter.  Promptly return to the oven to finish baking.

6)  When a knife inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean, they are done!

NOTE:  If you typically do not bake with aluminum foil, it can add 5-10 minutes on to your cook time.   The graham crackers also have a tendency to rise to the top of the brownies during baking, so do not be alarmed if that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment