Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So Long Harry Potter

As many of you may know, something epic happened on July 15, 2011. Harry Potter came to an end. After 14 years in the making, seven books, eight movies, and a billion fans later, the saga has come to a close. No more movies, no more Hogwarts, no more Harry, no more magic.
To get the full experience of a Harry Potter movie, you would have to attend the midnight showing the night before it opened. Since Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, (that is the fifth one in muggle speak), I have been going to the midnight premiers. The experience of seeing the movie first, in a theater packed with fans as enthusiastic as you are, is unparallel to anything else.

If you drove up to any cinema on Thursday July 14th around 11 p.m., you would have had a tough time finding a parking spot. Upon entering the building, you would have found the lobby packed with avid fans, most of which were dressed as their favorite character or sporting Harry Potter attire. 

As midnight approached we were unleashed into the theaters. When the lights finally dimmed, the tension skyrocketed. As the movie started, the audience cheered with anticipation. The end was beginning.

We laughed, we cried, we had a great time. The first movie in the series came out in 2001, so many of us had literally grown up along with Harry Potter. This marked the end of a chapter in my life; my childhood was officially over as the credits rolled off the screen.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the perfect ending to the series. Whether you have been there from the beginning, or are recently joining the party, I would recommend this movie. It gets an 8 out of 10 on my scale.  It’s rated PG-13, in theaters everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment