Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Friday, January 6, 2012

If You Had Six Months to Live

     What would you do if you walked into the doctor’s office this afternoon, and he told you that you had six months to live?

     Whenever this happens, most people are devastated (and rightly so).  Then everyone they tell starts to treat them as if they are already gone.

     But why is this?

     Life is short.  If you don’t know that by now, you’ve got some waking up to do.  Nothing is certain, especially when our time to go will come.  If you are given a few months to live, you can prepare for death, and enjoy the time you have left.  It is the rest of the population who walks around as if they are invincible, that have a rude awakening coming.

     No one was guaranteed a tomorrow.  Make the most out of this moment.  If you are doing something you do not enjoy, DON’T DO IT!  I realize that this is much easier said than done with all of the responsibilities one has nowadays, but try your best to enjoy what you do.  If you absolutely hate what you do for a living, maybe you should think about finding a new career.  It is never too late to change your mind about what you want to be when you grow up.

     Even taking a course in college that is “ruining your life” is not worth it.  If you crossed the street tomorrow and were hit by a flying ice cream truck, what would your last day have been like?  Were you doing something you truly loved with the people in your life that matter most?  Or were you torturing yourself with something that will probably never have been of use to you anyway?

     Seize the day, and make the most out of your situation.  You get one life to live, so don’t waste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment