Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Last Words on London 2012

     I don't know who I am trying to kid.  I know London will be a big thing I keep bringing up, at least until I make it there again.  I suppose I mean my last thoughts on this particular trip.

     I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to live in London for a summer.  It was also THE summer to be in London.  I arrived during the Queen's Jubilee celebrations, and left after the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics.  It was fantastic, and utterly unforgettable.

     I had the opportunity to tour dozens of museums, to see quite a few plays, and to meet some amazing people.  Everything I set out to do, I accomplished.  Next time I would like to explore further outside of the city.

     Between my class and on my own, I saw: "The Taming of the Shrew," "POSH," "Sweeney Todd," "Fear," "Detroit," "Democracy," "The Dark Side of Love," "The 39 Steps," "Matilda the Musical," and "Sunshine Boys."  I also had the chance to meet the likes of: Anne Hathaway, Emma Stone, Danny DeVito, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Hans Zimmer, Imelda Staunton, and more!  I also began to network with locals of England whom I came to know.  Had I stayed in London longer, who knows what I could have done!  This was by far, the best summer of my life thus far.

     As you could imagine, after eight weeks of living in a city that seemed to present the whole world at my fingertips, it was quite difficult to leave.  On my way back to the States, I kept feeling as if I will one day return to London, and that was comforting.  In the words of Harry Potter: "I'm not going home.  Not really."


Tower Bridge sporting some Olympic spirit for the Games.

The countdown to the Olympics at Trafalgar Square hit 0 days on July 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment