Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Coming Home

     I still have yet to process these past few days.  I left London on Saturday morning, and arrived in my home town in the wee hours of Sunday morning.  For traveling almost 24 hours with no substantial rest, I arrived at home with a curious amount of energy.  Once I did go to bed, I more passed out than fell asleep.  The last week in London was a whirlwind in which I was getting less and less sleep in order to fit in all I wanted to accomplish.  And I would not change a thing about it!

     On Friday night, I watched the Opening Ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Olympics in the cafe of my building.  It was incredible.  To be in the city that it was happening gave me goosebumps more than once.  For these past two months, I really felt like a Londoner (and that was one of the points of my program).  I connected with this ceremony more than I ever had with the Olympics so far.  I had read about the preparations and the volunteers for the program on numerous occasions, and felt immense pride when it was unfolding before me.

      I also found it curious that the ceremonies did not start until 9 pm London time, and were telecast live.  I then called my family, who said they had not yet started in America.  We had been told that the ceremonies would be so late to accommodate the US viewers, but to find out it was not being shown live confused me.  If they were going to hold off anyway, I would have much preferred them to be earlier in the day.  Although, it would have been awesome if they had commenced at 8:12 pm.  In military time, that would be 20:12.  Nevertheless, it was a great way to spend my last night (for this trip) in London.

     I will post some last photos and thoughts soon.  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment