Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Cafe Drinks: Recipe Repertoire

     With life constantly being on the go and rushed nowadays, it is nice to be able to make some of the coffee house drinks that have the prices gouged if you were to purchase them out.  Why not make your own peppermint hot chocolate or caramel frappe?  There is no law that says restaurants have a monopoly on those hot and frozen beverages.  If you experiment in your own kitchen, there may be no limits to what you can create.
     Here are some of the recipes I have stumbled across, and their café house equivalent.  Try out some on your own, and let me know if you discover anything new!  (All vanilla ice cream can be replaced with frozen yogurt.)
     1) Frozen Hot Chocolate: A packet of hot chocolate mix, a cup of luke warm water, a cup of vanilla ice cream, and 3/4 cup half and half.  Dissolve the hot chocolate in the water, and blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.  Garnish with whipped cream for that extra something.
     2) Mocha Frappe:  A cup of vanilla ice cream, ¼ cup of brewed coffee, chocolate syrup to taste.  Blend until smooth.  Can garnish with whipped cream and more chocolate syrup on top.  Drink with a straw.
     3) Caramel Frappe: A cup of vanilla ice cream, ¼ cup of brewed coffee, caramel syrup to taste.  Blend until smooth.  Can garnish with whipped cream and more caramel syrup on top.  Drink with a straw.
     4) Peppermint Hot Chocolate: Make instant hot chocolate following package instructions.  Add a candy cane (or crush peppermint candy and add to mix).
     5) Berry Smoothie: ¼ cup blueberries, ¼ raspberries, ¼ blackberries, ½ cup skim milk, 6 oz. vanilla yogurt.  (Can try different fruit, keeping to about ¾ cup.  To make thicker, add ¼-½ cup frozen vanilla yogurt.)  Blend together until smooth, and serve with a straw.
     Get creative!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment