Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Time Flies

     I woke up yesterday, and it was December.  Where does the time go?  As a child, we can’t wait to grow up.  Nothing comes soon enough.  As we get older and would like to stop aging, it seems as if time could not possibly move any faster.
     This is because we are always looking ahead and working toward a plateau that we will never reach.  We are always thinking along the lines of, “if I can JUST get through school,” “if I can JUST get that job,” “JUST that promotion,” “if I can JUST get to retirement.” 
     When will it be enough?  By the end, our lives have simply passed us by because we were trying to get on to the next bigger and better thing.  If we are always just trying to get THROUGH everything, how are we ever expecting to ENJOY anything?
     Life is not something to “do.”  Instead of viewing each day as a choir, we should appreciate it as the true gift that it is.
     You only get one today.  You got it for a reason.  Make the most of it. 
     Yesterday is history, and tomorrow will come when it is ready.  Make the most of each day so you can ultimately live life to its fullest.  Do not grin and bear life; smile and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment