Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Family Guy “Road to the North Pole”

     In this one hour Family Guy Christmas special, all Stewie wants to do is meet Santa Claus, the hero of his favorite holiday.  When Brian takes him to the Quahog mall to meet the jolly fellow, the guy snubs them after they had waited in line for hours.  Naturally, Stewie resorts to tracking down Santa Claus at the North Pole in order to have his revenge.  He becomes determined to kill the man who ignored his Christmas demands. 
     Brian and Stewie travel to the North Pole and teach Santa true holiday cheer.  What they find is not what either of them expects, and the two have to try to save Christmas.
     They find elves who can no longer function, cannibalistic reindeer, and a hopeless Santa Claus.  If this does not put you in the holiday spirit, I do not know what will.  This show killed what magic there was about the North Pole.  It brings up some valid points about what Santa and his elves would have to do to get by, but carries the matter too far.
     The entirety of the special was far too violent for a show, let alone a Christmas one.  I know it is Family Guy, but even this seemed a little incessant.  When Stewie and Brian are delivering presents, what starts out as a break in, quickly becomes a kidnapping and murder, all in the name of “saving” Christmas.
     There is also an instance where they use a cancer joke, and this one is crossing the line.  It is one thing to poke fun at CANCER, but not people WITH cancer.  (And not everyone with cancer is going to DIE Seth MacFarlane!).
     In the words of Stewie Griffin, “that was a disaster.”  I could not have put it better myself.  I give it 4 out of 10, just because there were some redeeming Family Guy moments.

3 comments:

  1. Just needed to point out an error. It is "Brian," not "Brain." That was the dog from "Inspector Gadget."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so you corrected the spelling error which makes my previous post look odd. But at least you had the integrity to fix your mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your input. Everyone makes mistakes, and I appreciate the help.

    ReplyDelete