Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sharing the Weather

     How cool is it that we all share the weather?  No matter where you are in the world, you have access to the same climates that everyone else is privy to.  You can see the sun, the moon, and the stars, have the chance to experience rain and snow, the possibility of tornados or hurricanes, and always feel the wind.
     If you know of a place on Earth that never sees any of these or feels the wind, please inform me.
     We are all connected through the weather in some way.  We see the same things, feel the same water, and breathe the same air.
     If you think about it, the Earth is better at recycling than we are, and does it constantly.  All of the rain that comes from the sky came from the ground.  It is a never ending cycle.  When we feel the water coming down, it is as if we are connected momentarily to every other person who has ever touched that molecule.
     It is the same thing when we breathe.  The particles in the air are not brand new when we inhale.  They have been circulating since the beginning of time.  With each breath, those molecules have touched other people, connecting us even further to the human population.  (And the animal kingdom in general.)
     Not to completely gross you out; I think it is cool that we are all intertwined with one another.  Just think-you may be breathing the same air as your idol right now, or running in the rain that they have gotten caught in.  (Or your worst enemy may have drank the water you are about to drink.)

No comments:

Post a Comment