Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Because You’re My Friend

Because You’re My Friend

Although you are gone,
You still live on.
Your smile and laughter will fade,
As the waves of time smooth
The sharp edges of my memories.

Minor details of our time together will become obsolete,
As long as I can hold on to the love I feel for you today.

You were on this Earth so briefly,
And I knew you even shorter still,
Yet my life was made so much brighter,
Just because I could call you my friend.

I can never thank you for what you’ve done for me.
Words cannot even begin to describe,
How much you have changed my life for the better,
Just because I could call you my friend.

I would like to think that your death has some meaning;
That you were called for some greater purpose.
Be that as it may,
It left us all grieving with not but fond memories,
Us who all call you our friend.


     This poem is for my friend Cindy, who passed away one year ago today.  She will never really be gone, not as long as those who remain carry her with them.  I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment