Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Movie Quote Quiz 1

     How well do you know the classic movies?  Here is a quiz of some famous movie quotes.  Let’s see if you are ready for the Academy Awards tomorrow night by seeing how well you know your classics.  Answer with the movie the line is from, or the actor or character who originally said it. (Scroll for answers-no cheating!) 

          1)   “Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” 

          2)   “I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse.”

            3)   “I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!”

4)   “You had me at ‘Hello’.”

5)   “If you build it, he will come.”

6)   “Houston, we have a problem.”

7)   “You talking to me?”

8)   “Go ahead, make my day.”

9)   “Here’s Johnny!”

10)   “You can’t handle the truth!”

11)  “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”

12)  “Look, Daddy, teacher says ‘evey time a bell rings, an Angel gets its wings!’”

         13)  “You’ve got to ask yourself a question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ 
              Well, do ya, punk?”

14) “Elementary, my dear Watson.”

15) “They may take our lives, but they will NEVER take our FREEDOM!”






Answers:
1)      Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine, in “Casablanca”
2)      Al Pacino as Michael Corleone, in “The Godfather”
3)      Margaret Hamilton as Wicked Witch of the West, in “The Wizard of Oz”
4)      Renee Zellweger as Dorothy Boyd, in “Jerry Maguire”
5)      Lee Garlington as The Voice, in “Field of Dreams”
6)      Tom Hanks as Jim Lovell, in “Apollo 13”
7)      Robert De Niro as Travis Bickle, in “Taxi Driver”
8)      Clint Eastwood as Inspector ‘Dirty’ Harry Callahan, in “Sudden Impact”
9)      Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance, in “The Shining”
10)  Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan R. Jessep, in “A Few Good Men”
11)  Clark Gable as Rhett Butler, in “Gone With the Wind”
12)  Karolyn Grimes as Zuzu Bailey, in “It’s a Wonderful Life”
13)  Clint Eastwood as Inspector Harry Callahan, in “Dirty Harry”
14)  Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes, in “The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes”
15)  Mel Gibson as William Wallace, in “Braveheart”

How did you do?  If you got less than five, maybe you need to study a little more!  You could always watch some more movies.  Enjoy the awards tomorrow, and good luck to all of the nominees!

The above information was borrowed from movieparrot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment