Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Do a Good Turn Daily

     We have all heard the expression “do a good turn daily.”  The Boy Scouts know what they are talking about.  We cannot only help ourselves, but must give back to others in any way possible.


     There are two main groups of people that can be categorized by this saying.  One will not listen to it at all, and the other takes it to heart.


     Some people take it overboard.  They try to help EVERYONE.  One day they are soliciting for cancer research, the next they are trying to save the rainforest, and the following day they are trying to save premature baby hippos.  You can’t save EVERYBODY by yourself.  If you focus your energy on one or two charities/causes, then you will get somewhere.  When you spread yourself too thin, no one wins.  It is better to give $1 to one organization, than one penny to a hundred different charities.


     Sort out your priorities, find out what matters most to you, and fight for a cause.  Or start your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment