Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Ago...

     Where were you on September 11, 2001?  Did you know what was going on?  History was in the making.




     I was in school, and no one told us anything.  When I left at the end of the day my dad and brother picked me up.  They had the radio on, which they never did.  The news caster was saying that the World Trade Centers had fallen.  I had never heard of those before in my life.  My brother said that they were the Twin Towers.  Not one bell was going off in my head.



     When we got home, we put television on, and all there was, was coverage of the terrorist attacks on our country.  That’s all that was on for the next six months.



     During that time, America changed.  We became a family.  People banded together to clean up, take care of one another, and were nice to each other (even while driving).  Nearly every house or car sported a flag or a “Support Our Troops” ribbon.  It was nice to see America as a family, but the reason for it was something I would have liked to never happen.



     I cannot believe it has been ten years since 9/11.  Let’s make sure this never happens again.




No comments:

Post a Comment