Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Name

If you are reading this, unless you are a spam program in which case you are technically not reading, but corrupting this post, then you probably have a name.  You have your birth given name, whether you like it or not.  Then you may also have a nickname, what you prefer people to call you.  You may even have an alias, whether you have changed your name due to marriage or mid-life crisis.  But you have a name. 

How often do you think about this name? 

Does it feel personal to you?  As if it belongs to you and only you?

What about the strangers you pass by on the street?  How many of them share your name, and you will never know it?

Have you ever been out in public, and you  hear your first name shouted in your direction?  You turn, but do not know the person calling you.  Then you realize the person you were standing five feet away from has the same name as you.  You may think that is normal if your name is "Bill," but it could be quite odd if your name is more along the lines of "Ildiko."  What are the chances of that?

I just think it is weird, is all.  You could be right next to someone who shares one of the most personal features of your being, and you would never know it unless you introduce yourself.

Hi.  My name is Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment