Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Who Has Inspired You?

Some people who walk into our lives touch them in ways that change our life forever.  Whether it is someone we grew up with, were taught by, worked with, were raised by, or knew in passing, it is not always easy to tell the ones who will leave footprints in our hearts.  But when you find someone who changes your life in a positive way, it is nice to be thankful for the good fortune that led to your paths becoming intertwined.

There are a few people who have done wonders for me.  I'd like to give a few of them an anonymous appraisal right now (unless you know me personally, in which case you know who I am talking about; I praise these people a great deal, as I should):

My family - I'm wrapping them all together, because although they have been by my side through thick and thin, it is not extremely out there to be inspired by your family.  For better or worse, they usually have a huge hand in making you the way that you are (either by positive reinforcement, or learning how not to be).  My family has done so much for me, has been extremely supportive, and has never given up on me.

"Ma" - A women with a huge heart.  She was always very involved in the community, and the youth in general.  She loved so many as her own children, which is how she earned the name "Ma."  She was a wonder.  Beautiful (inside and out), strong, positive, and loving.  She battled some terrible things (one of which eventually claimed her life all too soon), and I never once heard the woman complain about anything.  When I hit a rough spot in my life, she took me under her wing, and for that I can never say enough positive things about.  She was a generous soul, and is sorely missed be so many.  Ma helped to make me a better person.  I do not want to disappoint her in any way, and try to keep a positive outlook.  For every time you complain, you should look on the bright side three times.  Things can always be better, but they can be even worse.

Johnny Depp - Actually...I'm not going to talk about this one too much.  He's done so much for me, both indirectly and directly.  He's one of my heroes...as are everyone on this list.

My high school science teacher - I owe him so much.  That is not even the tip of the iceberg.  We all have had a teacher who inspired us, but that does not compare at all to what my high school science teacher has done for me.  I say "high school science teacher," because I had him three years in a row.  I had him as a sophomore, and that class inspired me to chose that as a career path.  The following year I was out of school dealing with cancer, and he volunteered to be my science tutor.  The following year, he single-handedly had gotten a more advanced class of the course I had loved as a sophomore, developed and running at school.  That was a huge factor in me getting back to school for my senior year.  I just had to take that class.  And through the year, while I was still dealing with treatments and side-effects, that class kept me coming to school every day (even if it was ONLY for that class).  Aside from me crediting that as helping me get better (which is enough in and of itself), he has been a mentor to me since sophomore year.  When I needed to talk about something, he was there.  He has time and time again gone above and beyond the call of duty of a teacher, and has bent over backwards to help me.  I owe him more than I can ever repay him.  He is the reason I am on my way to becoming a teacher of that subject today.  He's the best teacher I have ever seen. End of story.

Who has inspired you?  Have you told any of them what they mean to you?  

"You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

No comments:

Post a Comment