Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Jack and Jill (2011)


This is an odd premise to a movie, but makes for a good story.

Adam Sandler plays both of the titular characters: Jack and Jill Sadelstein – twins.  Yes, he plays a woman – an ugly woman, whom you grow to feel sorry for for being so odd looking.

Jack has a regular family and life, which his sister was never able to achieve.  Jill is a sad character, who lived solely around her mother who recently passed away.  Without her mother, Jill is a bit lost.  Trying to cling to her family as close as possible, Jill visits Jack for the holidays, and then just refuses to leave.  She does not want to return to her life, where no one seems to accept her (even though her brother is less than welcoming).

Jill is trying to fit in with Jack’s family.  His family likes her; he just refuses to open himself up to her peculiarities. 

Jack is an advertising executive who’s current mission is to get Al Pacino (played by himself) to do a Dunkin’ Donuts commercial since his name rhymes with their drink, the Dunkaccino.  Al is less than easily persuaded, as his character version of himself is on a downward spiral in his acting career, and he does not see this as benefiting his reputation.  However, Jack and Jill go to a game because Jack knows Al will be there (sitting with none other than the real Johnny Depp for a quick cameo), and he thinks he can win him over.  Unfortunately (or fortunately for Jack), Al has no interest in the commercial, but falls in love with Jill, who could not care less about this creepy man.

Jack then exploits his sister to try to get to Al, and maybe does a bit of cross-dressing to get what he wants.  In the end, Jack hurts Jill, but their twin power brings them back closer than ever.

This is an odd, but cute movie.  Al Pacino’s part is hilarious.  I give him a great deal of credit for doing all that he did (especially considering Jill is just Adam Sandler in drag).  Keeping that in mind, the movie is quite interesting, with a great cast.  I give the film a 6.7 out of 10 (or, worth the money to rent for a night).  You need to watch to the end to see if Al goes through with the commercial. =)

“Jack and Jill” (2011) is rated PG and runs 91 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment