Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Build Your Own Trail Mix Bar


There are many reasons why you’d want to do this: a party with fussy guests, picky children you need to amuse, really any activity you need to host.

Everyone has their favorite things in trail mix, and things they eat around.  If you set out the ingredients and allow your guests to put their own favorites in their own ratio into their bags, then you will never have someone complaining that there are too many raisins to pretzels again.

What you will need:
·         Baggies and ties; enough to go around
·         Small bowls; one for each of the items
·         Serving spoons so you do not have people digging around in the food
·         Your ingredients of choice; one per bowl

You can get very creative with this.  You can go all indulgent, with all of your favorite bite-sized chocolates (chips, covered nuts, flavored cereals, etc.).  You can be traditional, with pretzels, nuts, chocolate candies, raisins, etc.  You can even be healthy, with high-fiber nuts, pretzels, cereals, and all-natural sweet items: raisins, dried fruit, etc.

You can have fun picking out the items, and your guests will have fun putting their snack together.  It never gets old!

No comments:

Post a Comment