Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

An Epiphany

     I realized today how lucky I am to be here.  I could easily not be alive right now.  When you are diagnosed with something such as cancer, the prognosis is up to chance.
     As I celebrate one year clean of chemo, I also remember the one year anniversary of the passing of someone I had a lot in common with.  We were about the same age, from the same town, and diagnosed with the same disease around the same time.  There is no sense in the fact that I live while she doesn’t.  I never actually thought I was going to die, but now I see that I easily could have. 
     That is a powerful realization.
     I don’t want to put off till tomorrow what I want to do today.  If there ever comes a time when there is no tomorrow, I want to know that I made the most out of today.
     I just walked around outside for awhile.  It is one of those days that most people would consider “yucky.”  There is no sun; it is cloudy, drizzly, and cold.  I actually saw through all of that and saw how beautiful a day it is.  There were birds chirping in the distance, and there was the fresh scent of spring in the air.
      We need to stop seeing the ugly in the world.  We need to be happy with, and appreciate what we have, because there are so many people that have far less than we do.  Each day, no matter how “yucky” the weather may be, has beauty in it.  We need to start recognizing that.  When we do, we will all be a lot happier.  I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment