Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Rango

     This is the story about an identity-confused chameleon, (voiced by Johnny Depp), who becomes lost in the middle of the desert on a family road trip.  When he meets his new acquaintances in a peculiar little town, he has a chance to become anyone he wants, and assumes the name of “Rango,” and local tough-guy.  He quickly becomes this town’s only hope, as their only water supply is quickly depleting with no signs of more coming.  This reptile may have bitten off a little more than he can chew as everyone expects him to not only eliminate their enemies, but bring back the water.
     I would give this movie 8 out of 10.  If you know Johnny Depp and his movies, there are a few inside-jokes, (i.e. as Rango is flying around in the beginning, he hits the windshield of the convertible that was in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, with Johnny’s character at the wheel).  Rango also enjoys acting, and one of the characters he said that he could take on is the world’s greatest lover, (Johnny already did that in Don Juan DeMarco). 
     I thoroughly enjoyed how they made the animals live in a miniature town with proportional-sized props, and the special effects were interesting for an animated film.  The story line was slow at times, but well-developed.  I liked the cast, and what else do you need?  The movie was good, and well worth the money to see in the theaters.  When I hear “animated,” I am afraid that as soon as I relinquish my $10, I am only going to get a 20 minute Spongebob episode.  Rango is actually longer than most of the other movies out there right now.  If you have kids, or want an escape, go and see Rango.
     Rango has a running time of 1 hour and 47 minutes, and is rated PG.

No comments:

Post a Comment