Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Facebook to be the New Blockbuster?

     Warner Brothers is testing an application with facebook in which people can pay to view movies.  Warner Bros. began offering “The Dark Knight” for $3, in which the viewer has to pay in facebook credits.  That payment allots you 48 hours to view the movie.
     Netflix is not thought to suffer from this application, especially since their low monthly rate allows unlimited view from their entire library, and there are much better quality internet services where you can view a movie.  Will it make a lot of money?  With over 250 million people on facebook, I think that is a “yes.”
     I just love how one of the reasons that this application would fail, is that people will not want to spend hours in front of facebook.  Do these people know how long the average person can spend on facebook?  At least now when you look at the clock and notice you have been on it for five hours, you can attribute three hours to the movie you were watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment