Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Is There an App for That?

     With the iPhone, iPad, and countless other pieces of technologies we so desperately cling to, no matter what sort of radiation they may be emitting, there seems to be an application for just about everything.  Everything except what you really need, of course.  I am sure you have heard of these, and most likely you have a few of them, but you can now turn on your Christmas lights from your phone, your house lights, your car…what is next?  Are you going to be able to turn on your spouse with the push of a button?
     Don’t even get me started on how crazy the idea of having an automatic car starter on your phone is.  So now anyone who finds or steals your phone can start your car?  That makes hot-wiring less of a concern.  Now there will be no damage because the thief will have the key.  Why don’t we just write our pin number on our debit cards and our social security numbers on our driver’s licenses while we’re at it?
     Now those applications, as stupid as they may be, actually have a point to them.  You can accomplish something with them.  There are quite a few apps out there that are completely pointless, and I am flabbergasted that they were created, much less anyone downloads them to use. 
     There is one which virtually fogs up the screen of your iPhone, and then you wipe the steam away.  Isn’t that what your breath does?
     The Wooo! Button.  You can download this button, and when you press it your phone will scream “Wooo!”  How can you avoid this stupidity?  Don’t download.  That was easy.
     The CalmCandle.  This one is a video of a candle burning in case you need to relax.  Guess what?  That is all it does!  It is a virtual candle that burns at the rate of real candle.  Relaxing?  Maybe if you get kicks out of that sort of thing.  Paying 5 dollars for the app?  Not so relaxing.
     So you get the point.  There are STUPID applications out there, people keep downloading them, so other people keep making more of them.  Someone needs to stop this insanity.  If one ounce of that creativity went into something productive, maybe we would have a cure to cancer, or have solved world hunger and poverty by now.  But no.  We just need to have that app in our pockets that tells us if it is dark outside, (there’s an app for that too).  I have an app like that.  It is called A WINDOW!!!
     I want a useful app.  Why don’t they invent one that transforms your iPhone into a mouse for your computer?  People have trouble with laptop mice all of the time.  There should be one where you put your phone next to the computer, and the screen becomes the mouse pad.  That is an app I would download. 
    Think outside of the box, and challenge the status quo!

No comments:

Post a Comment