Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Good Times

     I have been having a really good week.  Over the past few days, I have had the opportunity to see quite a few shows.  I went with my class to see a new production called "Fear," which was interesting.  It was a small cast and the show followed two stories, until they had a tragic collision.

     On Monday I went with friends to see The Amazing Spider-Man.  Before the show they had a preview showing clips of the gala premiere I went to last month, but the flashes of the crowd were too quick for me to find myself.  The movie was quite good.  The story line did not have much tension, but it was enjoyable.  In this movie, Spider-Man is more human than in the past films with a sense of humor.

     Last night I went to see The 39 Steps, based on the Hitchcock classic.  It is a play with 130 characters, all played by four actors.  It is quite a comedy to watch, and makes for a very enjoyable evening.

     Today I went to see The Sunshine Boys, written by Neil Simon and staring Danny DeVito and Richard Griffiths.  It was entertaining and enjoyable as well.  What I was most excited for, was the opportunity to meet Mr. Danny DeVito after the show.  (I am, and always will be a film dork.  Anyone who has ever been in or worked on a movie I enjoy watching at home, is fascinating to me.  Just seeing them in person is a joy.)

     Tomorrow my class goes to see our last show, Detroit.  It is also the last play I have planned to go and see during my trip (which is quite sad).  It has been some experience to get the chance to visit all of these theatres and see all of these fantastic shows.  I would love to see more, even if I just went back to see something like Sweeney Todd.  There is something about watching a show in the West End (or anywhere, as we have seen them all over London).

No comments:

Post a Comment