Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Paris in Pictures

     Last week I went to Paris for the day.  It was a wonderful experience.  Communication was not as difficult as I had anticipated.  I respect anyone who is bilingual, as so many people knew English as well as French.  I had trouble with high school Spanish classes.

     Here is a bit of what I saw:

The Eiffel Tower 

Another view of the Tower

La Cinémathèque Française.  Not going to lie, that this was the one thing I HAD to go to while in Paris. The Louvre can be seen any time (and the queue was too long anyway). The cinema is my life, and they had a very special exhibit (see next picture).

For those of you who do not know, Tim Burton is my favorite director. He is also a brilliant artist, so to have the chance to see some of his original work was too great an opportunity to pass. And surprisingly, everything was in English (as that is the language he speaks). There were French translations and subtitles, but I was able to fully appreciate the original in its native language. There were also props from some of his movies (which was AWESOME, since Johnny Depp is in half of his films). There was no photography allowed in the exhibit, but it was amazing. Sadly, this is the last stop for the exhibit.

 Notre Dame de Paris, which is French for Our Lady of Paris

A view from over The Seine

To see any other flag than the American is interesting

The Musée du Louvre

At least this word I clearly understood

US movies are everywhere

The Arc de Triomphe

So this is not Paris, but it was the Eurostar platform I took at Saint Pancras International.  The UK has giant Olympic rings in different places to welcome people for the event.  These were some of the first to be installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment