Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Week: In a Nutshell


     This week has been one of the busiest of my life.  Never have I voluntarily gotten up so early so many days for the heck of it.

     Last Sunday I went to mass at Saint Paul Cathedral.  It was beautiful.  Today I went to mass at Westminster Abby.  It was also beautiful.  I am amazed by architecture so easily (especially older buildings).

Westminster Abby.
     As I’ve said, on Monday I went to see “Superstar” be filmed.

     All day on Wednesday, I spent in Leicester Square, as it was the “Dark Knight Rises” premiere.  It was not as successful as Spider-Man for me, but I did have a great deal of fun.  I met a lot of friendly people.  I stood next to a group of girls who had camped out the night before, and they let me stand in the front with them, as I was in the second row (and am vertically challenged, so crowds do not go in my favor).

     Unfortunately, we were placed in a cruddy location to see the stars.  Two of the people I had wanted to meet did not even come, and not many of the others came by us.  I did, however, get to meet the man behind the music of not only this trilogy, but “Pirates of the Caribbean” – Hans Zimmer.  That was exciting, as I love his work.  Also, the best best best part of the day, Anne Hathaway (not only in my top five favorite actresses, but the main reason I went that day), came by us.  She was in a rush, but wanted to come down the area we were.  She only had a few seconds to sign a couple of things, and I was thankfully and fortunately, one of them.  The day was a success, just for that.

The gorgeous Anne Hathaway at the premiere (waving to our section of the crowd).
     Again, on Thursday I went to see “Matilda the Musical.”  For every show, there are a few tickets set aside for students at an incredible price, and the boy in front of me in line let me have the last one for the day.  So I saw the show, and had a good time.

     Then on Friday, I went to Paris for the day.  My brother bought me Eurostar tickets for my birthday, and I had an amazing time.  But more on that in another post.

     Yesterday I finally tried curry, the unofficial national dish of England.  It was really good.  I've never tried curry before.

     I also found the main Olympic Park (as there are a few locations).  You could not go inside, but it was still something to see.  Then one of my friends and I roamed the streets of London at night.  We were at Saint Paul Cathedral at midnight, and heard the clock tower strike in Sunday morning.  It was peaceful and nice.

Olympic Park and Stadium.
Saint Paul's at midnight.
Tower Bridge with the Olympic Rings over the Thames.

     I cannot believe this is my last full weekend in London (for awhile at least).  It has been great so far, and next week looks like this trip will go out with a bang!

     Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment