Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Things I'll Miss About London

I don't think you can visit a place, and not have it affect you.  I will truly miss London, and hope to come back one day.

Here are a few things I will miss about the city:


  • Everything is so accessible here.  You can walk or take a train or bus almost anywhere.  Even other countries are a short trip away.  The world is at your fingertips.
  • The celebrities.  There seem to be many more opportunities to meet people here, than there are back in the States (at least where I live).
  • Meal Deals.  There are sandwiches at nearly EVERY store you go to.  There are deals with most of them where you can get the sandwich, drink, and crisps for a few pounds.  It is very convenient.
  • How cool it is over here.  It has recently been getting warmer, but for the most part, it was comfortable to walk around.  I would much rather wear a light jacket than be sweltering.
  • During the Summer, it stays lighter much longer (which makes up for all of the cloudy days).
  • The accents.  No matter what is being said, it sounds much better in a British accent.
  • How calm everyone is over here.  Someone could be having an argument, and they end the conversation with "alright then; cheers."  It is much more laid back (for the most part) and friendly.
  • Double Decker buses. They just make so much sense!
  • Let's face it.  I am going to miss a lot about this place.  I will be back again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment