Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man Premiere

     I had a REALLY good day yesterday.  I arrived in Leicester Square around 8 am.  At which point, there were less than a handful of people waiting for the Amazing Spider-Man premiere.  After all, the celebrities were not expected to arrive for another ten hours or so.


     It was a great deal of fun.  It didn't rain, I read my entire book for my class, and I spoke with someone who lives in London.  I also got made fun of for being an American (that's the last time I get McDonald's after telling someone I'm from the US!).


     The event itself was great; SO much better than last time.  For one thing, I got to SEE something yesterday.  I was in the front where I didn't even have to fight to have my book signed by the celebrities (so I am easily spotted in photos taken of the night).  It was amazing, especially since I got to see Emma Stone and Spider-Man himself up close (REALLY close).


     During the evening I was also interviewed by Nick Grimshaw of BBC Radio, but have yet to find it online.


     This day had nothing to do with my education (with the exception that I did all of my homework there), but was an experience I will not soon forget (and something worthy of being crossed off of my bucket list).  I am hoping that the Dark Knight Rises will be a similarly successful experience, as I would really like to meet Anne Hathaway...but that's a while from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment