Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Friday, June 8, 2012

There's a First Time For Everything

     On my trip so far, I have accomplished a great deal of "firsts" in my life.  It has been just five days, and here is a taste of what I have experienced (pun intended):

My first meal from start to finish, all by myself (from earning the money, to getting to the store to shop by myself, to cooking and cleaning).  And yes, I realize it is just a piece of French Toast (and my first time cooking that, too!).  But to me, this is my first meal I did completely independently...Okay, my roommate DID have to show me how to turn our stove on, but that was it!


My first time flying alone.  My family got me where I needed to be to get a ride to the airport, and then I was on my own, with no one I knew on the same flight as me.  (I have flown without my parents before, but it was always with an organized group of people we knew and trusted.)



My first time in a foreign country for longer than a few days.

My first time using an ATM.  I realize this may not seem like such a big deal, but it was exciting nonetheless.  Not to mention, it was an ATM in the UK, not the US.  The foreign language could really throw some people.

My first time purchasing my own mobile phone.  I know this is not at the top of anyone's bucket list, but it was an experience I won't soon forget.


     I realize none of these are ground-breaking, and yet they are moments to remember.  They are also only the beginning of a whole slue of experiences I am sure to have over the next few weeks.  So far they only demonstrate how sheltered I have been throughout my life, and serve as an indicator that there is hope for me yet that I will one day be independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment