Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

First Day of Class

     Today I had my first class.  It is going to be quite an experience!

     The module (that's what classes are called here), is entitled: "Play Critique."  We will be examining the role of the audience in theatrical productions, and how the play is taken from the page to the stage.

     We will also have the opportunity to go to productions live in London, on average of once a week.  Over the next six weeks, we will be watching five plays and musicals.

     The one I am most excited for, is "Sweeney Todd."  It is one of my all-time favorite movies, and the female lead portrayed Professor Umbridge in the Harry Potter movies.  (My heart lies more in the cinema than in the theater, so that is quite exciting to me.)

     Although I am a Chemistry and Education major, the theater and cinema will always be a part of my life.  I have never quite found anything I love, the way I love acting.  It is an under-appreciated art form that has many relevant connections to most every discipline.  I am very grateful that this summer I have the opportunity to study it, as my educational program is a bit tight after my required courses.  It is a nice change of pace.

     And on another note, it didn't rain today!  I think only the second (maybe third) day since I've been here!

No comments:

Post a Comment