Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Charleston House and Brighton Trip

     My program offered a few excursions that we had the opportunity to take part in.  On Saturday, we visited Charleston House, and the City of Brighton.

Charleston House.
The gardens.
     Charleston House was the meeting place for the Bloomsbury Group, a group of artists and intellectuals.  It is located in East Sussex, and is open to the public.  The interior is decorated and painted in an atypical fashion.  The group was ahead of their time, and their artwork demonstrates that.

     This was the first time I really got a chance to see some of the English countryside.



     Then we were off to Brighton.  The City of Brighton is on the water, so I also had the chance of seeing the English Channel.  The place is known for their fishing, and their fish and chips are some of the freshest you can find in England.  There is also the Royal Pavilion and the Brighton Pier, which are beautiful sites to behold.

The English Channel

The Royal Pavilion



Brighton Pier
     It was a nice change of pace to get outside of London and visit some places I never would have thought to go myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment