Pages

Welcome to my blog. I will post whatever I am working on, whether it be a creative writing piece, random blip that has made my day, or an opinion I would like to share with the world. I hope that you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!

All ideas are my original work. I do not take credit for work that is not mine. I may borrow pieces such as comics, definitions, or quotations, but will never pass someone else’s work off as my own; I will either credit their source or make it clear that I am not their author. I merely use these as either bouncing boards from which my own ideas can take off, or wish to share something that I found worth repeating.


Remember, today is not simply something to get through, but something to treasure. So smile and enjoy it!!!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Why I Like London

     I have decided to start a running list of why I like London so far.  It is in no order, and I will continue to add to it as my stay continues.



  • The public transportation system.  It is not only thorough, but (for the most part), easy to figure out.  Almost anywhere you want to get to within Central London, either a bus or a train can get you within a five to ten minute walk.  If only it was a bit more affordable, it would be perfect.
  • Leicester Square.  When there is an event with celebrities, it is my favorite place in London.  Any other day of the year, it is a beautiful plaza to walk around.
  • Covent Garden.  Here there are a great many street performers, and surely anyone can find something to their taste.  There is also the London Transportation Museum and other exhibitions that can be seen, most free of charge.  Which brings me to my last point for now:
  • The Museums.  Not only are there some of the best, biggest, and most thorough collections and exhibitions on display here, but most of them are free.  There is always a suggested donation, but those who are unable to pay it are not denied the experience of going to the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment